Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Architect

Prompt: Today in class we watched a portion of the movie My Architect which is based on the world-renowned architect, Lou Khan. After we finished watching the movie, we were to reflect on Louis Kahn's story in light of today's journal write.

Due to the environment of the classroom we were not able to watch the entire movie and personally I do not think it is sufficient enough to comment on Lou's life, since we had to restart the movie during the last hour of class. From what I could grasp, an illegitimate son of this famous architect is trying to get to know his father by retracing his past and conversing with colleagues/friends of his father's. Lou had three women in his life, with one being his wife and two having illegitimate children of his. Nathaniel, one of his illegitimate children, is the one that is being focused upon in this documentary. Personally, I found this part of his life immoral since I cannot judge him as a whole. If I were in Nathaniel's position I don't know if I would feel the way he did in wanting to know his father.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home