Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Response to Commentary

Commentary: Classrooms Have Become Unecessarily High Tech

I find this funny since our school, High Tech High International, utilizes technology for educational purposes such as this blog where I present all of my assignments. I do agree that technology does have its pros and cons when it comes to a classroom setting and spending 5 billion dollars seems highly uneccesary. I feel that because of the exponential growth of technology advancements it is good to educate kids on technology at a basic level, such as when I first went to this school. I learned to utilize my skills of fireworks, photoshop, microsoft, and dreamweaver to enhance the quality of the product that I'm working with to present and in some occupations these skills may be required. I agree with the author that "Very little in these early grades needs to be digital, electronic or high def." and that there are cons such as "including the constant need for technological assistance, ongoing teacher training, upgrades to systems and programs, and much more" and also the need to renew classroom resources such as textbooks. This is why I like our school system in the way that we don't have textbooks but I would like to improve it so that we have at least one textbook for a references and make copies of that. In summary, basically I believe that schools should implement some sort of a technological learning environment maybe in the later years in school such as in high school.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home