Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Political Platform

Though my opinions aren't fully formed and I'm open-minded on certain issues, I will post what opinions I do have. After taking a test and researching on the Green Party, I'd have to agree their party platforms.


Health Care
Especially in our society, I believe holistic approaches should be implemented in our health care system such as alternative therapies. People should be able to choose the type of healthcare they believe is suitable to them. Improving the quality of our nation's food supply and our personal eating habits should also be a priority since most of the illnesses are diet-related.
Abortion
I strongly agree with the Green Party's stance on abortion. I believe that every woman should have the right to decide whether they would like to keep the baby or not and it is not up to the government to decide it's fate. Also, I believe all methods of contraception should be approved such as the "morning-after" pill and should be allowed to be used without a prescription since these types of pills are generally used for emergencies.
LGBT
I believe that regardless of gender/gender-identity everyone should have the same rights and equal benefits. A same-sex couple that is civilly wed should have the same rights as a traditional couple such as housing, medical benefits, child custody, and in all areas of life provided to all other citizens.
Education
Since the No Child Left Behind Act will most likely be reauthorized, it definitely needs to be revamped. First of all, the standards imposed must be lessened. Testing is something I don't believe in. People should also be free to choose what school their child would fit best in.
Immigration
This is probably the main issue I don't agree with the Green Party. I don't have a solution to fix the issues pertaining to immigration but I don't think that the Green Party's call for permanent border passes to all citizens of Mexico and Canada would help and would just be taken advantage of.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home