Tuesday, October 7, 2008

2008 Election Issues

On a separate sheet of paper (or your blog, or my email), rank the three issues listed below that are most important to you...then, tell me your stance on the issue.


1. Education - No Child Left Behind Act
As an incoming college student, I believe that education is a big issue for me. I have been researching the No Child Left Behind Act and it does appear to be flawed especially for the low-income schools that are experiencing the consequences; I find the act to be unfair and to have too high of expectations annually.

2. Energy
I really feel that we rely too much on oil and especially foreign oil. I find this to be an important issue because I am concious about the environment. I'm not sure how well the funding is in relation to researching/promoting alternative fuel sources but we should look to that.

3. Taxes
I am not very aware of our tax system but I think we should implement a tax system where it is based on income and not allow for tax cuts for the wealthy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home